August 2013 to
Manager, Online Tools & Resources
Hilton, Focused Serivce Brand Brand Hospitality
Manager of internal websites and digital resources supporting day-to-day hotel operations for over 4,500 hotels, worldwide. Worked with internal partners, clients and departments to define requirements and develop custom web, email and digital solutions that support a wide range of operational and communications needs - including data clarity and organization, hotel resupply ordering, Team Member training, social sharing and event registration.
- Redesigned internal information sites’ user experience and information architecture with a user-centric focus, based on user testing and web design best practices. Minimized page load times and drastically reduced average user time-to-find information. Implemented all enhancements without interruption to business activities.
- Expanded website design and maintenance capacity of team by developing a SASS design system that reduced code duplication by near 90%. It is flexible enough to apply to five SharePoint and Departmental sites while maintaining specific branding customizations of each.
- Implemented a highly efficient, database-driven solution for hotel resupply ordering information. It drastically increased information findability and was quickly adopted across all Hilton brands.
- Defined Focused Service Brand Team identity with style guidelines, designs and document templates.
- Supported internal communications by producing designs for print and digital campaigns.
- Effectively managed a team of two contractors (one web publisher and one graphic designer)
Jul 2011 to
Internal Brand Publisher
Internal newsletter and website publisher for Hampton Brand Culture and Internal Communications department.
- Supported communications by creating graphics and programming layout for individual email distributions, campaigns and multiple weekly newsletters (distributed through CheetahMail).
- Supported operations by maintaining and enhancing usability of the corporate internal operations website.
- Reduced costs by producing many graphic designs in-house
May 2011 to
Web Technology Consultant, Contractor
Contracted for several short-term projects including assisting in the design (HTML and CSS) of a dental records web application and contributing in the re-branding of a transportation company's web-based customer management portal.
Nov 2010 to
Certified security system installation technician for ADT household and small business security systems. Designed a custom security plan for each installation. Installed hardware for systems and both wired and wireless sensors. Custom-programmed every system to meet each customer's needs.
Sep 2007 to
Technology coordination and implementation, network administration as well as classroom instruction and technology curriculum development based on state standards.
- Increased school visibility and patron interaction by rebuilding and managing the school website focusing on useful and relevant information.
- Reduced IT costs and increased capacity by designing and implementing a complete network hardware and software solution; expanded network from 16 to 60 computers, incorporated a Linux domain controller and later migrating to a Windows Server 2008 with Active Directory.
May 2004 to
GIS Production Manager
Planning, development and coordination of advanced Geographical Information Systems (GIS) data production through a five-person team.
- Increased production speed by redesigning data processes and working closely with software programmers to develop custom programmed software solutions.
- Increased data accuracy by identifying key test points in data and image processing procedures and devising QA/QC measures.
- Improved software value by working with developers on key usability, speed and functional enhancements. Performed application testing, error reporting, and interface enhancement within the production environment.
- Maximized and organized production crew performance by establishing best practices for working with and storing over twenty terabytes (20,480 gigabytes) of data.
- Defined company identity by creating new logos, redesigning the website, creating conference display artwork and distribution packet designs for company services and software.
University of West Florida
Bachelor of Philosophy
Philosophy studies: Logic, Religion, Psychology, Ethics, Theories of science, mathematics, history, morality and existence
Minor, Internet Technologies
9+ years of technology work experience; continuously developing new skills and keeping pace with industry advancements
- HTML & CSS Coding
- Graphic Design
- Project Planning & Leadership
- Software Development
- Network Hardware
- Computer Hardware
- User Experience Design
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Illustrator
- Microsoft Office
- ESRI ArcGIS
- Audio/Video Technology
- Home Renovations