August 2013 –
Manager, Online Tools & Resources
Hilton, Focused Serivce Brand Brand Hospitality
Manager of internal websites supporting day-to-day hotel operations for over 4,500 hotels, worldwide including sites for resupply ordering, training, social sharing and event registration. Duties also include the design & execution of internal Corporate and Hotel Team Member email campaigns (utilizing Experian, CheetahMail).
- Increased hotel leader productivity by reducing time spent looking for information on sites. Redesigned user experience and information architecture with a user-centric focus, based on user testing and web design best practices. Reduced page load times by 75% average and reduced average user time on pages by 50%. Implemented all enhancements without interruption to business activities.
- Reduced website operational & maintenance overhead by using SASS and ITCSS structure to cascade common core interface changes across five SharePoint platform project sites yet maintained unique branding customizations for each site.
- Implemented a highly efficient, database-driven solution for hotel resupply ordering information which was quickly adopted across all Hilton brands.
- Defined Focused Service Brand Team identity with style guidelines, designs and useable document templates.
- Supported internal communications by producing designs for print and digital campaigns.
Jul 2011 –
Internal Brand Publisher
Internal newsletter and website publisher for Hampton Brand Culture and Internal Communications department.
- Supported communications by creating graphics and programming layout for individual email distributions, campaigns and multiple weekly newsletters (distributed through CheetahMail).
- Supported operations by maintaining and enhancing usability of the corporate internal operations website.
- Reduced costs by producing many graphic designs in-house
May 2011 –
Web Technology Consultant, Contractor
Contracted for several short-term projects including assisting in the design (HTML and CSS) of a dental records web application and contributing in the re-branding of a transportation company's web-based customer management portal.
Nov 2010 –
Certified security system installation technician for ADT household and small business security systems. Designed a custom security plan for each installation. Installed hardware for systems and both wired and wireless sensors. Custom-programmed every system to meet each customer's needs.
Sep 2007 –
Technology coordination and implementation, network administration as well as classroom instruction and technology curriculum development based on state standards.
- Increased school visibility and patron interaction by rebuilding and managing the school website focusing on useful and relevant information.
- Reduced IT costs and increased capacity by designing and implementing a complete network hardware and software solution; expanded network from 16 to 60 computers, incorporated a Linux domain controller and later migrating to a Windows Server 2008 with Active Directory.
May 2004 –
GIS Production Manager
Planning, development and coordination of advanced Geographical Information Systems (GIS) data production through a five-person team.
- Increased production speed by redesigning data processes and working closely with software programmers to develop custom programmed software solutions.
- Increased data accuracy by identifying key test points in data and image processing procedures and devising QA/QC measures.
- Improved software value by working with developers on key usability, speed and functional enhancements. Performed application testing, error reporting, and interface enhancement within the production environment.
- Maximized and organized production crew performance by establishing best practices for working with and storing over twenty terabytes (20,480 gigabytes) of data.
- Defined company identity by creating new logos, redesigning the website, creating conference display artwork and distribution packet designs for company services and software.